How to Prevent Pregnancy Stretch Marks


When I found out that I was pregnant, I immediately said "Goodbye" to all my crop tops and bikinis. Stretch marks are a common symptom of pregnancy, and I had a reason to be concerned. Since they are hereditary, and my mother had stretch marks after carrying three children, I knew I was bound to inherit these marks of motherhood. However, as inevitable as these stripes might be for some folks like myself, there are ways to minimize, if not prevent them from popping up on your beautiful brown bellies.

Sweet Almond Oil by Now Solutions

amazon.com
$7.52
    This product is at the top of my list for a reason. I have been using this for over three years, because of it's moisturizing qualities. I suffer from dry skin, eczema, and acne. This oil is perfect for my sensitive skin, because it is both lightweight and effective at moisturizing my face and body. It costs under 8 bucks for a 16 fl oz bottle, and it lasts for quite some time. Almond oil is known for lightening up dark marks and evening out skin complexions. It's also rich with vitamin E which is our skin's anti-aging best friend. This should be used twice daily, once in the morning and once at night. It's best to massage it on your stomach after taking a warm bath or shower.  
NOW Solutions, Sweet Almond Oil, 100% Pure Moisturizing Oil, Promotes Healthy-Looking Skin, 16 Fl Oz (Pack of 1)

Superior Stretch Mark Oil

cocolene.com
$29.00

This oil is a lot pricier than the Now Solutions Almond Oil, however, if you feel like treating yourself and buying something extra for your skin, then The Superior Stretch Mark Oil from Cocolene is the product for you. This oil has a strong maple syrup scent, so if you're one of those few who despises the pleasant aroma of maple syrup and delicious pancakes in the morning, then steer clear from this bad boy. The benefits associated with this oil are amazing. It has a combination of 6 different essential oils, including, almond oil, lavender oil, jojoba oil, extra virgin olive oil, and many more! Because it is a small 4 oz bottle, I only use this one occasionally as part of my bedtime routine. For best results, massage onto damp skin in circular motions twice daily from the time your belly grows until about 8 months post-partum. This can also be applied to any area of skin that is likely to develop stretch marks, e.g. breasts, buttocks, and hips. For those of you who desire a more cost efficient product, you might enjoy this next oil that I am about to mention.

https://cocolene.com/products/superior-stretch-mark-oil

Baby Oil w/ Aloe Vitamin E
amazon.com, target.com
$2.59-$5.60

Y'all, this baby oil is a definite staple in me and my son's skincare routine. Not only does it have our skin friendly ingredient Vitamin E, but it also has the calming anti-inflammatory plant Aloe Vera. And can you say AFFORDABLE? There is a Johnson & Johnson baby oil with Vitamin E & Aloe Vera for about $7, but I just pick up the cheaper one from Target, because it literally costs under three bucks and has all of the same ingredients. Amazon also has there own brand called Solimo Baby Oil with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E for about four dollars. I'd definitely check that one out if you are an Amazon fanatic like myself, because you can easily buy in bulk and save tons of money over time. The benefit about shopping with Amazon, is that you can get up to 15% off plus extra savings. Check out the link below for more details on how to save with your first purchase.

Amazon Brand - Solimo Baby Oil with Aloe Vera& Vitamin E, 20 Fluid Ounces

Exfoliating Gloves or Luffa
amazon.com, target.com
$0.99-$5.60

Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate! This tip is probably one of the most important ones when it comes to preventing stretch marks, right next to avoiding the urge to scratch your pregnant belly. I scratched my stomach, and it ended up making my stretch marks even more visible. The best way to minimize the pigment of these tiger stripes is to get a luffa or exfoliating product and lather up while you're in the shower and scrub your tummy area. This way any dead skin still hanging around can leave, resulting in lighter stretch marks and smoother skin. You don't have to buy exfoliating gloves, but if you do, you can find some in this link below from amazon. I also advise that you check out the luffas from Target. They are so soft, yet effective and they cost between one and two dollars.





Appreciate Yourself!

Free

The journey of  Motherhood is so rewarding. It may seem impossible to love yourself when your body is changing so quickly. However, from one young mother to another, trust me when I say, it's perfectly fine to embrace your stretch marks. They truly are a badge of honor. The first couple of months after I had given birth, I was very hard on myself about the weight that I gained. My breast size doubled, and my skin looked like it had a million stretch marks, but overtime I began to truly love myself, and I found a new confidence in my new body. I love every stretch mark on my hips, thighs, and breasts. They remind me of everything that I have accomplished as a mom. Love your new skin, love all of your curves, and embrace the new you.

Here are all the links to the products I mentioned above:

Sweet Almond Oil - https://amzn.to/2OmYyI3  
Cocolene Superior Stretch Mark Oil - https://cocolene.com/products/superior-stretch-mark-oil
Baby Oil with Aloe Vitamin E (Amazon) - https://amzn.to/37SKsFW 
Baby Oil with Aloe Vitamin E (Target)  - target.com/babyoil
Exfoliating Gloves - https://amzn.to/2Oh1WnW
Luffa - target.com/luffa 

Comments

Popular Posts